Monday, January 15, 2007
Happy New Year!
Cheers! It’s 2007! Time really does seem to go quicker we are discovering. We are thoroughly enjoying residing on the hill above the Lewiston-Clarkston valley. The summer months flew by as usual, but as witnessed by the previous posts, we made use of the sunshine and got some backpacking and house projects accomplished. Priorities, of course! We got baby chicks for the first time last spring; we still have four chickens who continue to support our brooding egg business. Ha ha! And Ginger is the happiest hound around to be “fence free”. This previous year found me going through the grieving process for our baby that was due January 14, 2006. I’ve been blessed to learn a lot of lessons that have better prepared me as a woman. Not to say that all of these lessons have been easy! Seth has proven to be a true companion and still wants to be married to me. Ha ha! Now I am given the opportunity to be a rock for him as his father experiences the last stages of cancer of the esophagus. It has spread to other parts of his body, and he has chosen to abstain from medical treatment at this time. We were blessed to spend the holidays with his family this year. Good memories were made, especially getting wood with Ethan and Ian. (Wink, wink!) The exciting news is that I am apprenticing to become a midwife! I am thrilled to be called to this path and loved my first experiences with birth at home. I am looking forward to the birth this month as it is planned to be a waterbirth. So, all of our friends out there who are having babies this year (8 and counting), I am open to being your doula! Just give me the word. Finally, Seth has been reading up on the history of the area in preparation for your visits to Lewiston, Idaho. Local tours are available with an authentic Idaho guide. The weekends are filling fast, so book early!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a wonderful post. I didn't know the date, Jan. 14. I am sorry to hear that, but I have also learned that a lot has come from those losses. Our date is Jan. 20, and coming up. It is very hard, even though we have so much to look forward to. I am so excited to have you there for all of our prenatal appoints and hopefully the birth of our first child! Thanks for everything, Seth and Amanda! You, and Ginger of course, are so wonderful!
Amanda! What a good thing you have done in sharing your life with everyone! The best way to beat that "isolated" feeling is to put yourself to put yourself out there. Perhaps I will be brave enought to follow your example! Your strenght inspires me. kt
Post a Comment