Sunday, May 17, 2009

Her Highness

First, for the admission...

We arrived at church in the morning and I realized despite a stuffed diaper bag with every possible thing we might need for Her Highness, we didn't bring a single new diaper. Yeah, I know, gold star for this mother! Thank goodness for a couple of extra burp cloths that sufficed for bum buffers for a couple of hours.

So our Sweet Pea is 6 weeks old now...and an amazing 12 pounds! She really is quite cute with those chubby cheeks, double chin, and perma-creases in her arms and legs. It is a bit sad to be packing away those newborn sized clothes so soon though. She really is developing her social skills and hasd started returning our smiles...espcially when she sees in the morning. Nothing like a giant, toothless baby grin to melt your heart! And she really is a princess! The second she wees or poos in her diapers, she is quick to let you know...even from a nice slumber. We have been able to use the "little red potty" and spare a few diapers. (See DiaperFreeBaby.) She is learning new tricks all of the time, grabbing at our glasses and hair, testing out her voice, and batting at the little toys that hang over her.

And we are polishing up our skills as well. Multi-tasking is no longer an option...and we are impressed with our abilities! It is amazing what you can do with one arm/hand: cooking, eating, typing, etc. And we are becoming quite famliar with the importance of the 5 S's: shhing, swaddling, sucking, swinging, and side/stomach lying. She loves to ride in the Moby which allows us to get a few things done while she naps.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

That would be "Her Highneeds". It won't get easier! I recommend a spare 2 diapers and wipes per vehicle. I have one of those changing pad/hold the diaper things and it stays in the car all of the time! Jake is doing great on his potty too-- esp #2- which is so fab when I am washing diapers...

Seth, Amanda, and Merryn said...

Ha!! Her Highneeds doesn't begin to touch the surface, I'm afraid! Thanks for the diaper tip.