In June, I completed my Doula or Professional Labor Assistant training with ALACE. I need to attend 3 more births and submit my papers before receiving my certification. I will be offering my services at a reduced rate or on a volunteer basis until I do receive my certification. I am very excited about this opportunity!
It was very interesting to attend the training workshop. I was the only woman present who had not birthed a full term baby and most of the women were 40+ years old. This rite of passage was evident in many of their attitudes. The irony of the closing was this: they expressed an intense desire to assist other women to have the best birth experience possible, yet they also voiced their jealousy against me. I am very blessed to have access to all of this knowledge and preperation should I ever have children. Apparently, I am merely a classmate and not one of thoese "other women" for whom they wish a fabulous birth experience...
Meanwhile, I am considering names to adopt for my new business ventures and attending as many births as possible. Please feel free to leave me your creative suggestions!
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment