Only a woman who has never been this pregnant nor traveled this late in a pregnancy would be crazy enough to join her husband for a trip to Hawaii. But we celebrated my 30th birthday in Maui! Believe me, there are not bathrooms everywhere a pregnant woman needs to go…and if there is a facility of sorts, there is no way you are parking your backside on that seat! So, yes, your imagination does you no favors as you imagine a nearly 8 month pregnant woman squatting above the great white throne!!!
While on Oahu, we did the tourist gig and visited the Polynesian Cultural Center for a quick tour, luau, and evening show. It is a one time deal, but pretty commercialized.
While on Oahu, we did the tourist gig and visited the Polynesian Cultural Center for a quick tour, luau, and evening show. It is a one time deal, but pretty commercialized.

BlackRock at the end of Kaanapali Beach View from our lanai


We hiked down to the ocean just past mile marker 42 to this place called Olivine Pools where the ocean has carved these fantastic pools in the volcanic cliffs. I took this photo just as the surf was coming up and the waves crashed over the pool edge and pushed Seth under the water and back against the shelf. Mother Nature at her finest and expressing her ultimate power!
On another morning, we took a sailboat cruise out to Molokini which is a sunken crater where you can snorkel on the coral reef. The wind was brisk that day, so the waves were a little choppy and the water chilly, but the visibility is fabulous! We took underwater cameras, but the photos just don’t do the beauty justice. Unknown to me, Seth snagged this shot of me and the baby belly…I suppose not everyone has an 8 month belly shot like this!
On my birthday, the weather was lousy, so we decided to take a driving tour to Hana and all the way around the island. We saw these beautiful trees that had multi-colored pastel bark. Our final parting tour was of the USS Arizona in Honolulu. It was worth the wait and very interesting to learn a little more about that piece of history.

5 comments:
Amanda!
I am so impressed that you sat on an airplane for as long as it takes to get to Hawaii...as pregnant as you are! :) I think we are due at just about the same time and although Hawaii sounds blissful, I don't think I have what it would take to get there in my rotund condition.
I'm glad I happened on your blog...will look forward to keeping up with you over these next exciting weeks. I suppose you won't be free the first week of April to act as our doula? ;)
Oh, and Happy 30th! I just got to pass that milestone a few months ago. Hope it is a great great year.
Hugs.
GREAT NEWS AND VERY EXCITING POST!
Happy 30th, Amanda! Hats off to you for braving the trip in your current condition! Love the underwater belly shot- that will be a great memory for you!
Ah- Wish we could have been there with both of you! I know in my dreams we were!
Sis Sav.
P.S. Manders looks great swimming around!
Nice pictures! (altho I'm totally jealous, sitting here in 11 degrees and snow!)
Happy birthday, too! What does the other side of 29 look like?
Post a Comment