Sunday, March 29, 2009

Out Like a Lion!

We woke up to 5 inches of fresh white snow and no power this morning! Mind you, this is a bit shocking when you reside in the banana belt of northern Idaho. So we shoveled and plowed snow and then hunkered down for the better part of the day. And still no baby...

We have received lots of nice things in preparation for this baby who is joining our family, but the one thing that I have appreciated the most is the affirmation from Seth's grandma. She is always so darn positive and supportive, but these words are the perfect addition to my birth affirmations: "We know you will do good and like all women, you will find the strength to do it." Thank you, Granny Sal!

On a funnier note, we got a phone call from Costco the other day telling us that the trail mix I have been snacking on at work has been recalled for a precautionary salmonella contamination. And just what exactly does "precautionary" mean in all of this?? Of course, I am the only one to have consumed almost the entire contents over the last few months. Who knew?!

4 comments:

Wrena said...

6 days to go!? I can hardly wait! Welcome baby soon!

O'Leary O'Family said...

Ahhh! I had a different idea of what Out Like a Lion meant! 5 days to go?!?!

Sis Sav said...

Granny Sal does have a way with words! We are waiting and excited for the phone to ring with a call from Tater-land!

Love,
Sis Sav

Wrena said...

is there a baby around there yet?


4-4-09